At Toronto's Mindful Solutions Clinic, accessibility is important to me, as mental health doesn’t discriminate based on socio-economic factors. Simply put, financial hardship should not be a barrier to access treatment. I offer a limited number of sliding scale sessions, subject to the terms and conditions below as well as my current caseload.
Terms & Conditions
- I have a limited number of sliding scale clients that I can work with at any one time. As such, even though you may be eligible based on the criteria below, there may be times when I am not able to accommodate every request if my sliding scale caseload has reached capacity. Ask me about my current availability during your free consult.
- Sliding scale service is strictly restricted to individuals who are experiencing financial hardship as indicated below.
- Proof of eligibility or continued eligibility is required to participate in the program.
- All sessions must be pre-paid 24 hours before your session time by email money transfer only.
- You are responsible for attending your session on time and at the time we have scheduled. If you are late, we will end on time and not run over into the next person's session. If you miss a session without cancelling, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you must still pay your full, agreed-upon fee for that session.
- If you no-show for two sessions in a row and do not respond to my attempts to contact you, I will assume that you have dropped out and will make the sliding scale space available to another client.
- Eligible individuals have access to a maximum of 10 sliding scale sessions at the lower rate. After 10 sessions, the session rate reverts to my standard rate at the time. My current session rates are always posted on my website’s FAQ page.
- Low income threshold is defined by the latest Census results on the Statistics Canada webpage, and is dependent on total household income. As of 2018 (the most recent publicly available Census record), low income is defined as:
- 1 person household: $24,183 (after tax)
- 2 person household: $34,200 (after tax)
- 3 person household: $41,886 (after tax)
- 4 person household: $48,366 (after tax)
- 5 person household: $54,075 (after tax)
- 6 person household: $59,236 (after tax)
- 7 person household: $63,982 (after tax)
- 8 person household: $68,400 (after tax)
- 9 person household: $72,549 (after tax)
- 10 person+ household: $76,473 (after tax)
- Proof of income (eg. tax returns) is required to be eligible for this program.
- Sliding scale rate is $88 + HST per session, representing a 50% reduction in fees (based on regular session rate of $175 + HST).
- For individuals needing counselling but who do not qualify based on these eligibility criteria, I invite you to visit the Open Path Collective website to search for more affordable psychotherapy options.
- If you require an assessment of a cognitive, emotional or behavioural disturbance, please consult with a Registered Psychologist.
If you require management of acute impairment, please consult with a Psychiatrist (for emergency access, use the Emergency Room of a Hospital)